Thursday, August 5, 2010

Grand Canyon trip - day 3


As I hadn´t planned before, I went to Zion National Park. It sounds like a park that belongs to another Galaxy, but actually belongs to the USA. This park is in Utah. I had never heard about it before came there.  Zion is neither huge nor famous as Grand Canyon, therefore it has a lot of attractions and it is visited by 2.6 Million people per year.

 
I am pretty happy in visiting it. First of all, the road to get there is astonishing.  I could take a lot picture while I was on the way there because the road was under construction. Every single turn is a view point. That´s is unbelievable.  I couldn´t put the camera in a case. I meant it.

When I got the Visitor Center I had two aims: buy a hat and get information about a great hiking. When I saw the hat´s price I wondered why Indiana Jones never  lost his hat … With my hat (and its price) on my head I explained to the Ranger what kind of hiking I would like to do … and the Ranger gave the right advice – ANGELS LANDING!!!

 
Two and half miles up and two and half miles down … it sounds like a piece of cake … look the following photos … … Angels Landings starts at level of the river and goes up to a place that you can see condor flying under you.  As expected, after 2 hours going up under the sun (95 Fahrenheit) , carrying a backpack, getting scared about the chains and narrows tracks … the view is awesome
I did on more hiking after Angels Landing called Emerald Pools. It was nice, but there is no comparison with the first.

So, after a pleasant hiking I went back to Kanab in order to take a deserved rest under the protection of my tent … feeling that little rock under my back. Even that annoying rock could mess up my excitement in knowing the Grand Canyon-North Rim.


See you soon


(No reviewed)

No comments:

Post a Comment