Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Grand Canyon trip - from before day 1 to day 1

A couple weeks ago I decided to travel into a dream. This dream is called Grand Canyon. So, I started to watch some videos, google some places, so on and so forth .. and afterwards I started planning the dreamed trip: 
2 days to go to Grand Canyon by car;
2 days at North Rim;
1 day to get South Rim passing by Hoover Dam and Las Vegas;
3 days at South Rim;
2 days to go back to Bettendorf.

Ok, it´s not a big deal …A couple days later, unfortunately I figured out that it wouldn't´t be easy. Every single place was full. Summer time is the most visited period. The trip became to come through with a help of some people. Some help like car, tent, debit card and even cash. I would like to say thank you very much for all of them. By the way, you have just read the word “tent”. Yes, I am going to camp. It is the cheapest and the most flexible way to travel (besides my lack of experience in camping …)

After a to do list checked (food, clothes, more food, stuff for camping …) and an anxious night, I got ready to go on Friday morning (Jul-31th). I drove 860 Miles during 14 hours. It wasn't a big deal. The road is quite good (look at the next photo) The car has automatic pilot and GPS (thank god), so my main mission was taking picture and don´t spent gasoline. I crossed Iowa, Nebraska and reached Denver-Colorado (my first stop in order to lend the tent and sleeping). By the way, I didn’t see much more than farms with corn or cattle. Anyway I enjoyed, besides the car just stop accelerate in the middle of nothing. What I did? As a good IT Consultant, I turned off the key, I waited a while and I turned on the key once again … Ufa!!!!( I don´t know if there is “ufa” in English …)
Road to Denver



After a kind couple taught how putting the tent up I went to the hotel to try by myself. It wasn´t easy but I made it.




That is the end of Day 1. Don´t miss the next chapter. By the way, I wrote this article inside the car at a Campground called Demotte Campground. It is in the middle of nowhere, but it is the topic for the day 4 …

See you soon.

(No reviewed)

No comments:

Post a Comment