A different (sometimes funny) point of view of the USA and Brazil and others curiosities.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Grand Canyon – day 9
In the solitude of my tent I planned how many tracks I would do: South Kaibab trail, Bright Angel, day off and Hermits trail.
The dawn was rainy. It could mix up my hiking. Humidity was high inside the tent. Water poured from the bottom. I was annoyed by the water inside the tent and outside. As usual, I woke up 4h30 … raining … I went to the beginning of the trail … raining … I waited up to 8 o´clock … raining … I gave up to go hiking … raining.
My only option was to visit the "unrainy" places like museums, gifts shops, supermarket, etc… The point is – it wasn´t just my option, it was everyone option. So everything was crowded and wet.
Although the rain I could enjoy my day. I caught the opportunity for going to watch Rangers Speech and went shopping. In between I was thinking a B plan. "What can I do if rain everyday?". So, I asked it for a ranger and he said: "It is OK go hiking, BUT watch for FALLING ROCKS". I said: "What was that?". He replied: "If you hear some noise of falling rock, run toward other direction. Keep eyes and ear opened". I said: "O…K…".
Sunshine appeared at late afternoon and my hopes about hiking tomorrow increased. Afterward I returned to my cozy and wet tent and wait till the next dawn.
That was a day without photo. That was a day with anxiety.
See you soon
(No reviewed)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment