So … after some putting offs … today I´ve started my Marathon Training. Yes!!!! I intend to run Chicago Marathon on Oct-10. Although I must say there are some challenges to accomplish the all training schedule.
The first one is time. The program training lasts 18 weeks. I don´t have 18 weeks at all. So, I was forced to cheat the training. I´ve started by the third week training and, as you can realize, I will be obligated to skip some weeks. That is the way it is.
The second challenge is a personal one. My will!!! It´s not a piece of cake to train for running a marathon. Allow me to explain… As you should know, I am not a coach potato. I have already run some 10K races, 2 “São Silvestres” (15K) and one half Marathon. In despite of it, in accordance of the program I was considered as a “Novice”… so my training is the easiest one. It is not a big deal for me at all, but it proves that everything that I have ever done is barely the basic.
Anyway, I am glad to have gotten the first step and I hope I can be proud to take a picture in some weeks as I did in January of 2005 on São Silvestre race in São Paulo..
As the proverbs says: “A marathon starts with a single step”.
(No reviewed)
No comments:
Post a Comment